Monday, February 15, 2010

Sayonara Sekai

My Japanese teacher is trying to get a study abroad program in Japan started for the Summer 2010 semester and if it goes through, she wants me to apply. I've spent the last few weeks goin over the pros and cons of goin through with it.

On the plus, I'd have a wonderful experience. I'd make new contacts and lots of friends which will be invaluable once I come over to teach. I'd also get away from my family and their bullshit for a few months, something i'd enjoy immensely. Also, all the sexy Japanese girls I can flirt with.

On the flipside, one of the big things troubling me is that I'd miss out on everything happening that summer, parties, good times with friends, not to mention Anime Expo... (i'd be giving up a FREE PASS T-T) Japan's also really expensive and depending on who also goes with the program, i'd have to spend time making new friends, a chore sometimes indeed.

But I think the most pertinent thought on my mind is: "What if I don't come back? Or worse yet, if I don't WANT to..."

No comments: